The Spring Real Estate Market is ready to begin! Call me for a free Comparative Market Analysis. In the meantime, here are some tips to:
Get Your Home Ready To Sell
l Edge, mow and fertilize the lawn. Reseed sparse areas.
- Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees. Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
- Reseal cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
- Clean and align gutters and downspouts; clean the chimney.
- Remove oil stains from driveway and garage. Keep walks and driveway swept or free of ice.
- Wash the windows inside and out.
- Hire a cleaning service to thoroughly clean the interior.
- Paint the walls and ceilings off white or beige.
- Repair cracks, holes and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
- Replace damaged windowpanes, moldings and woodwork.
- Repair drippy faucets and showerheads. Unclog slow drains.
- Shampoo carpets, scrub vinyl or wood floors. Make sure the grout is clean on your tile floors.
- Clean out the fireplace and lay some logs in it.
- Mend torn screens. Clean out all window tracks.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs. Use brighter light bulbs.
- Renail creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
- Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
- Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
- Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways.
- Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknobs.
If you need recommendations for folks to hire to help with these tasks, reach out. I have a wide network of professionals!